The Community Center CHIMAY A.C. was built legally on September 18 of 2017; however, their members have been working collaboratively since five years ago to bring some activities of scientific divulgation and social campaigns for the protection and care of the environment in rural communities of Yucatán. Chimay A.C. is a non-profit Community Center established as such Sept. 18, 2017. Our community members have worked collaboratively for the past five years to bring scientific methodology into a social setting that enables our rural communities of the Yucatan to participate in the care and protection of their environment.Learn More
• Sustainable school program. Solid waste management in schools.
• Science club based on workshops that promote scientific skills in children of rural communities in Yucatan.
• Traveling scientific cinema in rural communities of Yucatán.
• Science divulgation station in Sisal.
• Project of feral fauna sterilization campaigns as a strategy for ecosystem conservation.
• Petén Project as a scientific divulgation station to promote community management of wetlands.
• Ecological and humanitarian volunteering.
In addition to the projects at the Chimay Center, we give talks, workshops, forums, fairs, festivals with the objective of raising awareness and a community sensitive to the care and protection of biodiversity of Sisal, beach cleaning, sterilization and vaccination of cats and dogs.(Check the billboard in our social networks).Go to our Facebook
Learn more about other ways to collaborate with us HERE
Participate as a volunteer or do your social service at the Chimay Center, send us an email and help improve the community.
We seek to link our projects with socially responsible companies. Participate through: Voluntary contributions in kind, donations, volunteering of your employees for the different projects of the Chimay Center, adopting a Chimay Center project.
Centro Chimay Location: Calle 3 Ote. 2102, Sisal, Yuc. México
Telephone Number: 9994428894Go to our Facebook